Stevia (Stevia rebaudiana bertoni) is a perennial shrub of the Asteraceae family. This wondrous herb is also known as “Honey-Leaf”, “Sweet-Leaf” and “Sweet-Herb”. Stevia is world's only all - natural sweetenerswith zero calories, zero carbohydrates and a zero glycemic index. In South American countries and Japan, Stevia has been successfully used for many decades...
Composition of leaves from Stevia plant reflects a high nutritive value. It contains polyphenol concentration, averaging 4.15% by weight of dried leaf. The principal glycosides are Stevioside and rebaudioside. Besides, Stevia leaves contain essential oils, flavonoids, minerals, vitamins, tannins, calcium, zinc, potassium, magnesium, sodium, fluorine, fibers, chlorophyll, water and traces of many other constituents.
Stevia sweetener leaves are 30 times sweeter than sugar. These leaves are nutritious and can also be used for cooking and baking, enabling you to reduce your calorie intake and stay healthy. Stevia sweetener has a negligible effect on blood glucose, and may even enhance glucose tolerance. For people who are diabetic or are on a carbohydrate-controlled diet, it is useful as a natural sweetener and as a substitute to artificial sweeteners like saccharin and cyclamate. If a person observes any symptoms of type 2 diabetes in oneself, it is recommended to make a shift to Stevia sweetener. Some common signs of diabetes are fatigue, thirst, increased hunger and unexplained weight loss. Carpal tunnel symptoms, like pain in fingers or palm are also indicators of onset of diabetes.
Health Benefits of Stevia:
- Stevia sweetener is useful for treatment of obesity.
- It improves digestion and is beneficial for upset stomach.
- It has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties. Further, it prevents bacterial growth and reproduction, particularly for those bacteria which cause tooth decay and gum diseases.
- Stevia also contributes to stabilization of blood sugar, allowing people who are currently insulin dependent to eventually not need treatment for high blood sugar levels. It inhibits candidacies - a yeast infection that flourishes with sugar.
- It accounts for lowering of blood pressure.
- It prevents memory loss and thus can be used in neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer's
|Flat Rate Shipping||No|